Friday, 29.03.2024, 04:37
Logged in as Guest | Group "Guests"Welcome Guest | RSS
Ryazan
Students of

School 69 Community

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » A Successful Person » A Successful person comes from a successful family » Traditional Family Holidays (A talk about family holidays)
Traditional Family Holidays
TeacherDate: Sunday, 25.04.2010, 17:23 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Administrators
I am sure that a successful person comes from a successful family. And a successful family has got its own traditional holidays.
Does your family have any traditional holidays?
When is it celebrated?
Who is usually invited for the holiday?
What is the traditional food for that holiday?
Do people give each other presents on that day?
What kind of presents are they?
What do people usually do (dance, sing, do puzzles, go for a walk....)?

ThaiboxerDate: Friday, 30.04.2010, 09:35 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
I am against the statement "I am sure that a successful person comes from a successful family." because a successful person may comes from a poor and unsuccessful family. cool biggrin Our family doesn't have any traditional holidays. But in Germany, we celebrated Christmas on 24.12 in the Christmas holidays. In the Christmas holidays, we usually invited our relatives and friends. Usually a duck is eaten for dinner on Christmas Eve. Yes, of course people give each other presents on Christmas. Often people give each other sweets on Christmas. Usually we listened to music, and went for a walk.

MaggotDate: Friday, 30.04.2010, 19:30 | Message # 3
Private
Our family has some traditional holidays. These holidays are the following: New year, birthdays, Christmas, orthodox holidays. But all these holidays we celebrate in a narrow family's range and sometimes visitors come to us.Presents given to each other are always different. We listen to music, talk about everything, tell funny stories and incidents from the life. Later children go for a walk and play and grown - ups communicate. smile

N@stenkaDate: Friday, 30.04.2010, 22:20 | Message # 4
Private
I think that for many families, traditional festivals are very important. During these holidays, the family gathers together. Everyone has a good mood, set to give joy to others. In my family, there are not many traditional festivals: New Year, Christmas, birthdays and religious holidays. For example Easter. Each holiday is accompanied by the appropriate gift. But the main thing is attention. Visitors usually don/t come to us. Only on birthdays. Usually my mom prepares something tasty for such holidays. For example on New Year it is a chicken. During the holidays we usually sit, talk, listen to music. But the main thing is that we are all together.I do not know really if a successful person comes from a successful family ... But I am sure, that if a family has its own traditional festivals, it is very good. smile

Chocolate_maniacDate: Saturday, 01.05.2010, 21:38 | Message # 5
Private
Yes, my family has some traditional holidays. They are: New Year, Christmas, our Birthdays and birthdays of our relatives. But I would like to talk about another holiday. We celebrate the day of married of my parents on the 26 of November. When my parents married they didn't have a big holiday.They had a dinner with my grandparents and father's sister. But we celebrate it every year. Sometimes we invite our friends and sometimes our relatives. We have a big dinner. My mother cooks all food herself. My parents give presents to each other. But our guests give my parents small presents. My sister and I do present ourselves. We and our guests talk, play funny games, dance. Sometimes we sing song.
I like this holiday.

Countess_BatheryDate: Saturday, 01.05.2010, 23:05 | Message # 6
Private
So, my family have some traditional holidays of course. There are New Year, birthdays of members of our family, Easter, saint Valentine"s day. New Year is the biggest and the long-awaited holiday for me and my parents. We usually celebrate it at night in the 31st of December like all of Russian families. We invite our friends. We have celebratory supper with different snack and hot food. My relatives tell me, that gifts are brought by Santa Claus or russian Ded Moroz. But I do not believe them. We and our guests give each other presents on that day. We have always fun, have fireworks, go for a walk, hold competitions. I like this holiday very much.

Message edited by Countess_Bathery - Saturday, 01.05.2010, 23:09

KatrinkaDate: Sunday, 02.05.2010, 13:26 | Message # 7
Private
In my family there are little traditions. We celebrate Holidays very seldom. They are New Year, birthdays of all members of the family, Christmas is a holiday which is celebrated by the whole Russia. I think our family holidays do no differ from the other families. The whole family comes to my grandmother's place, my mother and I prepare tasty dishes ... Sitting round the table, we give gifts to each other, and tell each other stories ... I think all families celebrate their holidays so ... It's good when the whole family gets together ... Because we so rarely see each other ... I think every family should celebrate family holidays!

Gw@nDate: Sunday, 02.05.2010, 15:51 | Message # 8
Private
My family has some traditional holidays. they are New Year, Christmas, Easter, our birthdays and a lot of other holidays. But for me and for my parents the most favorite holiday is a summer holiday, when we leave for abroad. It is the huge family holiday. This holiday we are invited by relatives who live in Georgia. Specially for this holiday grandmother and grandfather kill and prepare a pig. It is traditional food for that time. On a day of our arrival we give each other different presents. On this day we drink, have fun and dance each other. happy

V@dikDate: Sunday, 02.05.2010, 21:38 | Message # 9
Private
My family has some traditional holidays. It is New Year and birthdays. In these holidays are usually invited grandmothers, grandfather, cousins, my friends and friends my parents. We have the traditional food for that holiday. Usually it is potatoes, fried chicken and different salads. In New Year guests give each other presents. Usually it is souvenirs, postcard or sweets. New Year we celebrate all night. At first we have a festive supper. Then we fling salute and go for a walk. In birthdays we usually go in café or cinema.

GI399Date: Sunday, 02.05.2010, 23:00 | Message # 10
Private
Our family celebrate some traditional holidays. This holidays are Christmas, birthdays of members of my family. Many relatives come to my home on this holidays. My mother and my granmother cook to us delicious food. Guests give presents to cause of celebration. Usually presents are money. Usually guests tell to each other about his life.

=ANY=Date: Tuesday, 04.05.2010, 15:36 | Message # 11
Private
Of course, my family has some traditional holidays.
We celebrate NEW YEAR, EASTER, our BIRTHDAYS and birthdays of my relatives.
I like this holidays very much because usually we invite our friends and relatives or visit them.

Added (04.05.2010, 15:36)
---------------------------------------------
But my favorite holiday is NEW YEAR.
We buy a lot of tasty food, decorate fir-tree, sit down for a big table and talk with guests.
Then we listen to music and dancing or go for a walk.
I like to get different presents this night.

RinnaDate: Thursday, 06.05.2010, 21:57 | Message # 12
Private
My family has some traditional holidays. For example, we usually celebrate New Year at home with all members of our family/ The day of the 31st January begins in the following way: in the morning we buy food, then we clean our flat, then we cook tasty dishes, in the evening my family sleep a little and lay the table and New Year holiday begins. Once in two years we spend our summer holiday near the sea with my mum. I hope, that it is a good traditional. smile

VolchizaDate: Monday, 10.05.2010, 16:53 | Message # 13
Private
Of course, my family has the traditional holidays. It is New Year, Christmas, Easter, a wedding-day of my parents, birthdays of relatives. We consider as the most important family holiday New Year. We celebrate it in the night from December, 31st for January, 1st. We invite only the near relations. On December, 31st we start to cook food by a holiday since the morning. These are different salads, red fish, baked hen, stuffed pepper.
In the evening we all family watch celebratory concerts on TV. As soon the president will tell speech, under a peal of bells we open and drink champagne. When the peal of bells will end, we start to give at once each other presents. When I was small, parents laid down to me presents under a fur-tree, and I believed that presents are brought by Ded Moroz.
After all presents are given away, I, my mummy and my daddy go for a walk on a night city or we go to look celebratory salute.
I love this family holiday very much. santa happy biggrin

BosserDate: Thursday, 13.05.2010, 15:00 | Message # 14
Private
Our loved household holidays this birthdays and New Year.
For my day birth arrive granfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, parents and brother. Present very useful gift. Basically we listen the music and go for a walk.
For New Year all members to my families are changed gift. This very exciting moment, when all value your gift. For New year we usually walk batman eek haha respect

LilicaDate: Monday, 24.05.2010, 21:49 | Message # 15
Private
smile My mother, my father and most of my relatives think that traditional holidays are very important. My family has some traditional holidays. It is Birthdays my relatives, New Year, Christmas. My favorite holidays is my and my parents Birthdays. Birthdays my parents we celebrate in summer. My Birthday we selebrate in autumn. We invate in our Birthdays our relatives and friends. They come to our home with presents. They give me books usually. I do not know what they give my parents. In this holidays we tolk, go for a walk, to be lazy and do nothing. I like holidays! smile

Forum » A Successful Person » A Successful person comes from a successful family » Traditional Family Holidays (A talk about family holidays)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz