Friday, 19.04.2024, 20:27
Logged in as Guest | Group "Guests"Welcome Guest | RSS
Ryazan
Students of

School 69 Community

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Can we learn to live in peace? » Ethnic and cultural diversity » Ethnic and cultural diversity (students' letters about a new subject)
Ethnic and cultural diversity
TeacherDate: Monday, 14.02.2011, 20:48 | Message # 1
Private
Group: Administrators
We need your voice!

The educational club "School Forever" presents a new school subject.
The name of the subject is "Ethnic and cultural diversity". In the lessons you'll learn lots of amazing things about traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups. The lessons are going to be extremely interesting, and they will help us understand other people's values. It's important nowadays to learn how to be tolerant of people who are different from you.
We need to know your opinion about the new subject. Are you for it or against it? Explain why. All your arguments, ideas and suggestions will be considered very carefully.
"Ethnic and cultural diversity".
To be or not to be?
Depends on you!

-write if you are for or against the new subject
- give one or two reasons to explain why

$weetieDate: Saturday, 19.02.2011, 10:37 | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
I am for the new subject, whose name is "Ethnic and cultural diversity".
Firstly, it is a new necessary knowledge. In the lessons we will learn lots of amazing things about traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups. It is very exciting, is not it? it is great to learn of something, to travel all over the world in the classroom. Secondly, our country have a problem of tolerance. In the lessons we will learn how to be tolerant of people who are different from you. it is important to respect other people's opinions, ideas and solutions. it will be very useful in the future.
I am for the new necessary subject, whose name is "Ethnic and cultural diversity".

V@dikDate: Sunday, 20.02.2011, 21:24 | Message # 3
Private
It is a very extraordinary and amazing idea. Of course I am for this subject. In my opinion this lesson will be very cognitive and fascinating. As for me I am want to know about traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups very much. This lesson will teach everybody tolerant of people who are different from us. This is a problem very actually for citizens of the Russian Federation.
I think that teach on this lesson should foreigner or person other nationality, because only this people can tell all about their culture.
Of course I am for a new lesson .

NastasyaDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 16:58 | Message # 4
Private
I am for the new subject. Because I think these classes will increase students' knowledge.. I believe that through this lesson students will learn character traits of different nationalities and then when I come to another country will be comfortable and feel confident out there. Learning the customs and traditions of other cultures can be confidently communicate with people from other countries. As well as these exercises certainly help you get rid of the conflicts of people of different nationalities.I also think that this subject needed because it can be used to obtain for themselves the important information that will later help you in different situations. After all, every culture has its own unique and rich in moral experience.
So I think that needs a new subject.

KatrinDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 17:05 | Message # 5
Private
As for me, I agree that this subject should be study in school. Students should know the culture of his country and other countries. As for me, I want to know about traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups. I travel a lot, I'm curious to know about people of other nationality. We become more tolerant of people. Students will broaden their knowledge and become more knowledgeable
Introduce the subject, a good idea.

Chocolate_maniacDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 17:37 | Message # 6
Private
I am for "Ethnic and cultural diversity". I think that new subject will be very useful and necessary for all students (not only in my school).
Firstly, all children will be able to know how another ethnic groups live. They will understand ideas, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles different people. New subject will do children more tolerant. They will be more kind and polite. Secondly, this subject will give students new knowledge about people all over the world. And I think that it will be really useful for young and modern people.
I am for this subject, of course.

VolchizaDate: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 18:31 | Message # 7
Private
I am for the new subject.
Russia is a multiethnic country. We have a lot of indigenous nations. This is a Russian, Komi, Nenets, Karelia and other nations. Each of them has its own traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles. I think we need to know all about it because they are part of our country. I think we need to know all about these nations because they are part of our country.
In addition, people from other countries often come to Russia. They not only have different traditions. They have another language, another religion, another homeland. We often can not understand their relations to the world. I'm sure a new subject will be able to help us with them.
People very often can not understand each other. Even if they have similar traditions and lifestyle. How can we understand other nations? I'm sure we can learn this by studying a new subject.

GI399Date: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 21:23 | Message # 8
Private
AS for me, I am against the new subject!
I think so, because we have a lot of lessons in school. Every teacher gives us a lot of homework, except physical education teacher and teacher of world culture. I don't want more homework! We also do not have time to study the ethnic and cultural diversity. We can not engage it before the main lessons, because we get up early to school. I always want to sleep! We also can not engage it after the main lessons, because we are very tired. As for me ethnic and cultural diversity is uninteresting subject.
I am against the new lesson!

Message edited by GI399 - Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 21:26

RinnaDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 12:07 | Message # 9
Private
I agree that the subject "Ethnic and cultural diversity" is very important nowadays. We live in that time, when different ethnic groups are drawing together and representative of these groups we can meet in one school-class. I suppose it is really important to understand accept other people's values. Even in our class are some ethnic groups and we must be acquainted with their lifestyle to keep peace in one class and so it will help to keep peace in the whole world.

Countess_BatheryDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 12:16 | Message # 10
Private
I am against the new subject too. I think, "Ethnic and cultural diversity" will not interesting to the majority of pupils. I suppose, it's very boring school subject like World art culture. Ethnic and cultural diversity will occupy hours of the necessary school subjects.
Firstly, everyone who is interested in traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups can get information about it independently. Secondly, It won't make people more tolerant to each other, I'm sure.
So It is bad idea - "Ethnic and cultural diversity"! I am against the new lesson.

МэгDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 16:33 | Message # 11
Private
I'm for this subject. I think that its useful for development of pupils' outlook. The more a person is inquisitive, the more interesting is to have a conversation with him. At these lessons it will be possible to learn a lot of new, that you will not find in many books and textbooks. But it is impossible to make children learn the information because there will be children who find this subject unpleasant and unattractive. I think that it should be a lesson-open classroom.

=ANY=Date: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 20:49 | Message # 12
Private
As for me I am against the new subject. I don't want to spend time visiting this lesson because I'm not interested in this subject and I don't want to do more homework. But I am sure that many pupils would like to study "Ethnic and cultural diversity".
My proposal: the lesson should be free to visit. To study "Ethnic and cultural diversity" will be able to anyone who would like. This is the best solution.

bizarreDate: Wednesday, 23.02.2011, 22:23 | Message # 13
Private
I am opposed to this school subject. I'm sure this subject will be very interesting. But first we need to introduce more important school subjects. These school subjects should be taught morals of modern life. And tolerance can be learned in other ways. For example, the alienation from the stereotypes imposed in the USSR. Idealistic training imposed by the Soviet Union, giving us the stereotypes, weaned from the main sermons - Bible. As a result, these people (that we have with you) had the impression that we live right and others wrong. I hate the Soviet government for it. If this fails, then you just remind you about the fact that we are not alone in this world. And the fact that we have taken for granted may be banned in other cultures.

Of course, I got excited. But still I will not give up my opinion. Despite this, I'm sure it will be had very interesting subject. But do not need to be introduced as an obligatory subject. It would be enough to make it optional. I would have attended such lessons.

P.S.: Still, I decided to silence many other negative aspects "of the Soviet morals", which are directly related to the topic. If I had posted this post about 20 years ago ....... I would have shot in years past. ><

P.P.S: Yes, I was very bizarre guy!!!

"I think, that very interesting"©
I am very good guy

ThaiboxerDate: Thursday, 24.02.2011, 16:58 | Message # 14
Private
I am for the new subject " Ethnic and cultural diversity". Firstly I had this subject in Germany as a compulsory one. And it was so amazing to learn the diversity of people, their religions , traditions and ceremonies. These subject is very necessary for our future, because we live in the twenty-first century and are travelling around the world and in my opinion it's unnecessary to have conflicts with other people just because they have an other religion or opinion . The subject " Ethnic and cultural diversity" is very important and useful in our life.
And that's the reason why I'm for the new subject. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin cool cool cool cool cool

LilicaDate: Thursday, 24.02.2011, 19:41 | Message # 15
Private
I cannot say anything. It is realy very interesing but.... I have a lot of homework. And I think if I have new subject I wiil do my homework the whole day. On the other hand it is important because if I am going to abroad I will hae to know traditions, religious beliefs, ceremonies and lifestyles of different ethnic groups another country. And I against it because don't want to do anything. I am very lazy. And I don't say anything about it. I will do how my teacher say me.

Forum » Can we learn to live in peace? » Ethnic and cultural diversity » Ethnic and cultural diversity (students' letters about a new subject)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Make a free website with uCoz